Howard Shockey & Sons, Inc. is seeking an Office Manager for our Richmond, VA office. In addition to providing administrative support to team members, you will also oversee maintenance, supplies, shipping, and deliveries for this location, and be the point of contact for our clients and guests. Must be a self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone and greet/assist guests.
- Coordinate office and equipment maintenance and cleaning services.
- Order supplies.
- Process mail & shipments.
- Provide administrative support to members.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when appropriate.
- Organize programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and services, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- Maintain project records such as agendas, notices, minutes, submittal logs, change order requests, change orders, lien waivers, payment requests, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Monitor status of subcontractors’ insurance certificates and license documentation.
- Assist in securing project closeout documents, lien releases, and operations & maintenance manuals.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
Established in 1896 and based in Winchester, VA, Shockey has grown into one of the mid-Atlantic’s most respected names in construction. As part of our team, you will participate in our exceptional salary and benefit programs. Drug and background screen required.
As an equal opportunity employer, it is the policy of The Shockey Companies that employment practices shall not be influenced by an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation; gender identity, and sexual orientation), age (40 or older), disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information (including family medical history).