Business Development Representative responsibilities include:
- Enacting a proven program for establishing relationships with owners, developers, engineers, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, and government officials.
- Winning business and closing deals by establishing partnerships with clients and potential clients, actively exhibiting Shockey’s “Partner of Choice” philosophy through words and actions.
- Focusing on daily prospecting and visitation through scheduled appointments and cold-calling.
- Tracking project opportunities and influencing prequalification requirements to see that Shockey is fairly considered.
- Actively engaging in, and assisting Marketing Coordinator with, responding to requests for qualifications and proposals.
- Understanding and influencing specifications, drawings, and estimates.
- Maintaining a reliable CRM system by continually updating client data base.
- Performing objective go/no-go analyses of potential projects — providing a summary of financial risks and returns, as well as manpower, skills, and other resources required.
- Working closely with estimating staff to continually update subcontractor databases and to identify potential new subcontractors.
- Preparing weekly sales call reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university desired.
- Five to ten years’ experience in general business development desired.
- Proven experience in construction or related industry preferred.
- Proven experience in central Virginia, including an established network, preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, it is the policy of The Shockey Companies that employment practices shall not be influenced by an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation; gender identity, and sexual orientation), age (40 or older), disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information (including family medical history).