Business Development Representative for the Northern Virginia market
Business Development Representative responsibilities include:
- Enacting a proven program for establishing relationships with owners, developers, engineers, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, and government officials.
- Winning business and closing deals by establishing partnerships with clients and potential clients, actively exhibiting Shockey’s “Partner of Choice” philosophy through words and actions.
- Focusing on daily prospecting and visitation through scheduled appointments and cold-calling.
- Tracking project opportunities and influencing prequalification requirements to see that Shockey is fairly considered.
- Actively engaging in, and assisting Marketing Coordinator with, responding to requests for qualifications and proposals.
- Understanding and influencing specifications, drawings and estimates.
- Maintaining a reliable CRM system by continually updating client data base.
- Performing objective go/no-go analyses of potential projects — providing a summary of financial risks and returns, as well as manpower, skills, and other resources required.
- Working closely with estimating staff to continually update subcontractor databases and to identify potential new subcontractors.
- Preparing weekly sales call reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university desired.
- Five to ten years’ experience in general business development desired.
- Proven experience in construction or related industry preferred.
- Proven experience in northern Virginia, including an established network, preferred.