In 1800, Winchester Presbytery organized the congregation that was worshipping in Old Stone Church as the Presbyterian Church in Winchester.
In the 1960s, Howard Shockey & Sons was the general contractor for First Presbyterian Church’s first major addition. Shockey was selected again to renovate the 200-year-old original sanctuary in the 1990s.
In 2007, church growth prompted another expansion. Thoughtfully designed, the centerpiece of its latest addition is a cohesive gathering space that joins the old and new buildings. Besides a 500-seat fellowship hall that is outfitted with modern, high-end audio and video equipment, also included in the church’s newest building project are a commercial kitchen, restrooms, and music and choir rooms.
How can we help? Tell Us