First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church

In 1800, Winchester Presbytery organized the congregation that was worshipping in Old Stone Church as the Presbyterian Church in Winchester.

In the 1960s, Howard Shockey & Sons was the general contractor for First Presbyterian Church’s first major addition. In 1998, Shockey was selected again to renovate the 200-year-old original sanctuary.

In 2007, church growth prompted another expansion. The centerpiece of the new addition is a 500-seat fellowship hall which is outfitted with high-end audio and video equipment. Also included in the addition are a commercial kitchen, restrooms, music and choir rooms, and a cohesive gathering space that joins the old and new buildings.

Project Details

  • LOCATIONWinchester, VA
  • OWNERFirst Presbyterian Church
  • ARCHITECTLemay Erickson Architects
  • SIZE29,000 SF
  • OUR ROLEPreconstruction, Negotiated General Contractor

How can we help? Tell Us