Howard Shockey & Sons has an immediate need for a Safety Manager for our Richmond, VA market. Candidates should have 3 – 5 years of experience, preferably with a commercial general contractor. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct new employee orientation for Shockey employees.
- Conduct and/or coordinate required training for Shockey employees and track completed training and retraining requirements in company database.
- Conduct regular project audits to ensure the safety and health program is being implemented and is in compliance with the company program and local, state, and federal safety and health regulations.
- Participate with Project Managers and Superintendents in pre-job safety planning to ensure project safety is adequately planned for and addressed.
- Act as a company resource for safety and health matters and provide advice and direction as needed.
- Review the use of personal protective equipment on projects, evaluates the effectiveness of its use, and propose improvements when needed.
- Monitors and reports monthly, quarterly, and yearly data as requested.
- Investigate incidents and provide follow-up to supervisors and Director as needed.
- Report claims to insurance carrier and provide necessary management of claims as requested.
As an equal opportunity employer, it is the policy of The Shockey Companies that employment practices shall not be influenced by an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation; gender identity, and sexual orientation), age (40 or older), disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information (including family medical history).