Howard Shockey & Sons, based in Winchester, VA, is seeking a talented business development representative for the Northern Virginia market. Howard Shockey is a full-service family-owned general contractor with work in market sectors including commercial, senior living, parking, healthcare, education, and municipal.
Develop a program for effectively prospecting and establishing relationships of trust and confidence with owners, developers, engineers, architects, and local, state and federal officials.
- Focus on daily prospecting and visitation through predetermined and scheduled appointments, in addition to cold calling of prospects.
- Respond to clients and architects’ requests for qualifications and proposals in a timely, accurate, and positive manner.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with the development and review of all proposal requirements for the satisfactory development and securing of new business. Assists in the review of specifications, drawings and estimates.
- Maintain data base of past, present, and potential clients. Actively reviews to maximize the effectiveness of business development efforts.
- Review potential projects with supervisor to assure that they are within the company’s goals, interests, capabilities, and scheduling limitations. Provides a summary of financial return, risks, manpower and skills, and other facilities and resources required, through established go – no go analysis (tempered with subjective factors).
- Prepare weekly sales call report and updates CRM system on a weekly basis
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Five to ten years of experience in general business marketing and supervision
- Or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Experience in construction, architecture, or related industry is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general construction documents, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.