In 1800, Winchester Presbytery organized the congregation that was worshipping in Old Stone Church as the Presbyterian Church in Winchester.
In the 1960s, Howard Shockey & Sons was the general contractor for First Presbyterian Church’s first major addition. In 1998, Shockey was selected again to renovate the 200-year-old original sanctuary.
In 2007, church growth prompted another expansion. The centerpiece of the new addition is a 500-seat fellowship hall which is outfitted with high-end audio and video equipment. Also included in the addition are a commercial kitchen, restrooms, music and choir rooms, and a cohesive gathering space that joins the old and new buildings.
How can we help? Tell Us